If you’re looking to start your own business but want to be able to live and work in line with your Christian values, don’t worry – you’re not alone! There are plenty of good options out there that can allow you to do exactly that, and all of them are going to be very successful as well. So which one do you go with? Here are ten examples of Christian business ideas that have proven themselves over time – and the best part is, that all of them are still operating today.
10 Christian Business Ideas That Work
1) Service Business
– Having the expertise to capture your life’s important moments makes for the perfect side business for a professional photographer. And the number of people in our lives who don’t use social media is diminishing by the day!
2. Life Coaching
– There are a lot of people out there who could use some help feeling more confident, happier, and healthier.
3. Teaching English As A Second Language (ESL)
– English is not everyone’s first language and as such, it may be helpful to learn from an expert in ESL programs! From homework help to conversational skills, there are various opportunities to work with ESL students and their families who are eager to improve their skills!
2) Selling Christian Products
Christian products and services are often overlooked because they are targeted to such a small niche of the population. In reality, more people are looking for quality Christian products and services than you might think. Plus, many big companies use religious themes in their marketing – so it’s definitely not a hard market to reach.
Why partner with a Christian organization? Partnering is an excellent way to reach new communities and to grow. Plus, it makes sense to partner with organizations that share your vision and beliefs so you can work towards a common goal. Asking the following questions can help you determine if partnering might be right for you:
1) What are the goals of this partnership?
2) How will this partnership differ from other partnerships?
3) What kind of risks are involved in partnering with this particular organization?
4) What aspects of your organization would this partnership benefit most?
5) Are there any limitations in place regarding how much funding/staffing may or may not be available for the venture or limiting how many resources we can give them?
- Creating an online faith-based eCommerce website. Have a link to your ministry within the company and attract more customers who share the same values.
- Creating a social media account for your church that promotes messages and relevant posts from other churches, organizations, charities, and spiritual gurus as well as some from you. Followers are more likely to purchase from you when they see that you support similar organizations or causes.
- Creating a social media account on a popular platform such as Instagram or Pinterest that showcases inspirational stories and beautiful images related to religion, faith, spirituality, or Christian values. Potential followers will appreciate your effort to share their interests while they browse through your posts. When they visit your business website and make purchases, you can thank them for their support!
5) Event Sponsorship/Endorsement
You’re not just choosing an event sponsor, you’re choosing a partner to help tell your story and grow your business. Sponsorship will give you exposure for your brand, create partnerships with new influencers, and the ability to do life-changing work in people’s lives. Plus, what better way to fulfill God’s calling on your life than through the platform of speaking or sponsoring?
6) Speaking Engagements
One of the easiest ways to get in front of your potential audience is to speak at conferences, seminars, and other events. As a bonus, you’ll likely be paid to do so–in addition to what you would typically earn for hosting your own event. Since there are millions of Christians that are looking for someone or something to connect with them and their faith, taking advantage of speaking opportunities that come your way can go a long way in finding a new audience.
7) Membership Sites
A membership site is an online community with a paid subscription. Members pay an upfront fee or a monthly fee for exclusive access to benefits and services that are restricted to members only. These sites also have recurring income as members will keep paying for membership as long as the content or service provides value for them.
If you have an idea, skill, expertise, or experience that others may find useful, you can use a membership site to monetize your skills and knowledge.
8) Coaching & Consulting
Christ-based coaching and consulting provide the perfect opportunity for you to use your skills and talents to help others while giving back to God. This is a really wonderful option because it allows you to continue your professional life but in a way that also supports your faith.
You can do some work for people online and get paid. Works like graphic designing, copywriting, content marketing, web development, etc. There are many freelance websites out there that will help you with this.
10) Referral Program
Your customers are the lifeblood of your business. More often than not, they’re telling their friends about you—through word-of-mouth marketing. So, what do you have to offer them? You could give them a discount on their next purchase; a subscription to your blog or newsletter; or maybe just an exclusive coupon code to make things easier for them.